Recently IPHR and partners published a guide: COVID-19 and its impact on prison monitoring and freedom of expression – a compilation of useful resources. The publication is intended to provide an overview of some of the key human rights standards and guidelines in relation to states’ Covid-19 responses, with a particular focus on prisons and other places of detention and the fundamental freedoms of information and expression.
The compilation reflects a selection of useful guidelines and tools for use in the middle of the pandemic crisis. The last chapter includes links to useful tools and resources on human rights and COVID-19.
Yet, as the crisis evolves, new materials appear every day. We will continue monitoring, publish and regularly update these resources in the list below.
List of tools and resources
- International Service for Human Rights (ISHR), Protecting Human in Times of COVID-19. A Brief Overview of Statements and Recommendations by the UN Human Rights Mechanisms
- Human Rights Watch, Human Rights Dimensions of COVID-19 Response
- Amnesty International, COVID-19: How human rights can help protect us
- UN Office Belarus, Права человека во время распространения коронавируса
- International Partnership for Human Rights (IPHR)
IPHR – Tajikistan: transparency key to building public trust on COVID-19
IPHR – Kyrgyzstan, NGOs urge Kyrgyzstan to release Azimjon Askarov amid COVID-19 crisis
- CIVICUS, States should put human rights at the centre of all responses to COVID-19, Media release 24 March 2020
- OHCHR, COVID-19 Guidance
- Article 19, Access to the Internet can be a matter of life and death during a pandemic, Statement on 31 March 2020
- APT, Covid-19 and Persons Deprived of Liberty Information Hub
- Council of Europe, Respecting Democracy, Rule of Law and Human Rights in the Framework of the COVID-19 Sanitary Crisis. A Toolkit for Member States, Information Documents SG/Inf(2020)11, 7 April 2020
- OMCT, Building our Response on Covid-19 and Detention. OMCT Guidance Brief to the SOS Torture Network and Partner Organizations
- UN HCHR, COVID-19 Pandemic – Informal Briefing to the Human Rights Council, Statement by Michelle Bachelet, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, 9 April 2020
- UN OHCHR, “States responses to Covid 19 threat should not halt freedoms of assembly and association“ – UN expert on the rights to freedoms of peaceful assembly and of association, Mr. Clément Voule, 14 April 2020
Last updated on 17 April 2020