IPHR is recruiting a new colleague to work as a project assistant responsible for implementing selected projects with our partners in Ukraine. The post is based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
The position will be full-time for the duration of one year, with a possible extension. We are looking for someone who would be able to start as soon as possible.
The Project Assistant will be responsible for helping to plan and implement activities, monitor their implementation by project partners, and carry out narrative and financial reporting to donors, as well as ensuring project compliance with legal, donor, and internal rules and procedures.
The Project Assistant will report directly to the Ukraine Team Manager and work closely with the Ukraine Team and Programme Director. They will also work with the Ukraine Financial Officer.
Description of duties:
The Project Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Coordination and organisation of project activities, including factfinding missions, workshops, seminars, conferences, administrative assistance for advocacy trips, and so on;
- Maintaining regular contact with IPHR’s project partners and ensuring smooth communication of plans and project procedures;
- Coordination with project partners during project development and implementation;
- Regularly monitoring project expenditure and reporting to the Ukraine Financial Officer and Programme Manager, as well as conducting expense verification of partners’ reports;
- Serve as a focal point for any organisational and logistical matters in Kyiv, Ukraine;
- Organise financial documents (scan, title, and send to the Financial Officer);
- Participating in organisational and project audit when required; and
- Supporting IPHR’s compliance with policies and procedures.
The perfect candidate will have strong organisational skills, exhibit attention to detail, and be able to work both in a team and independently. They should have strong analytical and communications skills and be able to work to tight deadlines when necessary. They should also have:
- Fluency in both English and Ukrainian (written and spoken);
- A post-graduate degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience;
- A minimum of two years’ experience working on projects related to NGOs;
- Experience of working within the Ukrainian legislative framework;
- Sound digital skills and knowledge;
- A registered Private Entrepreneurship (ФОП) would also be an advantage.
If you are interested and qualified for this role, please apply by sending your CV, a covering letter, and two letters of recommendation, by 10 November 2022, to the attention of:
“Recruiting Committee PO” – email@example.com