The Human Rights Impact Hub is calling for applications from lawyers and human rights defenders from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, the South Caucasus and Central Asia who wish to benefit from legal training, individual mentoring and networking opportunities on targeted sanctions. The Hub is designed to provide the necessary knowledge, practical skills and legal assistance for human rights practitioners who seek to engage in innovative legal actions and explore promising legal instruments aimed at ending impunity for grave human rights violations in the former Soviet Union (FSU) region.
Selected members for the human rights sanctions programme will:
- Benefit from complementary capacity-building and knowledge-sharing resources on human rights sanctions.
- Acquire knowledge on the scope, powers and criteria of the US, UK and EU human rights sanction regimes, learn how to submit sanctions designation requests, and understand the role of victims and civil society in this process.
- Join forces with others lawyers and human rights defenders through a Virtual Pan-Eurasian Network.
- Receive funding and be supported with legal advice through one-on-one mentoring by leading experts and practitioners, when making sanctions designation requests.
- Become part of a legal community of change and impact-oriented individuals.
- Possess a strong legal background and experience as well as a solid understanding of human rights issues in the FSU region.
- Have an interest in exploring viable alternatives aimed at overcoming the shortcomings of conventional legal actions.
- Enroll in the Hub with the objective of designing out-of-the-box legal strategies with the help of training, individual mentoring, networking opportunities and funding.
- Have working knowledge of English.
The training will be held online in English language and will begin in early March.
For registration please fill out the application form before February 15, 23:59 CET.
The Human Rights Impact Hub is an initiative created by International Partnership for Human Rights (IPHR) to enhance accountability for human rights violations in the FSU region through underexplored legal avenues.
For more information, please visit the website: www.humanrightsimpacthub.eu