IPHR is recruiting a new colleague to work as a Field Researcher responsible for implementing selected projects with our partners in Ukraine. The post is based in Kyiv, Ukraine. The position will be full-time for a duration of six months, with a possible extension. We are looking for someone who would be able to start as soon as possible.
The Field Researcher will be responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of field missions, conducting outreach work, collecting and archiving evidence of war crimes, and providing technical assistance to the research team.
The Field Researcher will report directly to the Ukraine Team Manager and Investigation Manager, while working closely with the Ukraine Team and Programme Director.
Description of duties:
The Field Researcher will be responsible for the following:
- Coordination and organisation of orienting field missions within Ukraine
- Maintaining regular contact with victims, witnesses, and key actors in documenting war crimes in Ukraine
- Coordinating with and supporting project partners
- Regularly monitoring open-source data and collaborating with IPHR’s OSINT team
- Serving as a focal point for any organisational and logistical matters in Kyiv
- Organising and field missions and carrying out related financial reporting
- Archiving and saving collected evidence using databases and software provided by the Ukraine Team and project partners
- Providing technical support to IPHR field teams in Ukraine, including supply and maintenance, liaising with relevant authorities,
The perfect candidate will have strong organisational and communication skills, exhibit empathy and attentiveness towards others, and be able to work both in a team and independently. They should have strong analytical and communications skills and be able to work to tight deadlines when necessary. They should also have:
- Fluency in both English and Ukrainian (written and spoken)
- A post-graduate degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience working on projects related to NGOs
- Experience working within the Ukrainian legislative framework
- Sound digital skills and knowledge
- A driver’s license (Class B) and driving experience
- A registered ‘Private Entrepreneurship’ (ФОП) would also be an advantage.
If you are interested and qualified for this role, please apply by sending your CV, a covering letter, and two letters of recommendation, by 10 December 2022, to the attention of: