IPHR is recruiting a Finance Officer responsible for the financial management of multi-country donor-funded projects in the Former Soviet Union (FSU) region. The position is based in Tbilisi, Georgia. Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending a CV together with a cover letter and the names of two referees by 19 May 2023 to the attention of:
Recruiting Committee Financial Officer
As a Finance Officer, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating financial policies, as well as financial management and reporting processes across various projects implemented by IPHR. The finance officer will work closely with IPHR’s Finance Director, Program Manager and senior management team to understand business drivers that impact revenue and expenditure, the short and long-term financial position of IPHR, as well as to build a functional and transparent financial reporting framework for IPHR’s local partners to enable a seamless financial reporting process.
Description of Duties:
Tasks and responsibilities related to projects:
- Support the program team in developing project budgets aligned with organisational objectives and priorities
- Monitoring of conditions of grant of each donor for IPHR’s policy and procedure compliance
- Monitor cost-effective use of donors’ funds by IPHR
- Prepare with the project officer the sub-grant package for the partners
- Oversee the timely and accurate production of financial reports by IPHR’s partners
- Conduct expense verification of the submitted financial reports by IPHR’s partners
- Provide guidance and mentoring to financial officers in IPHR’s partner organisations when necessary
- Oversee the timely and accurate production of monthly and quarterly financial reports to donors and the senior management team.
- Refine reporting and modelling tools in line with changing organisational priorities when necessary.
- Coordinate preparation of accounts, statements, and disclosures for project audit.
Tasks and responsibilities related to the operational context of the IPHR Tbilisi:
- Monitor project expenditures and ensure compliance with IPHR’s internal policies
- Advise IPHR Tbilisi’s leadership on the organisation’s financial strategy and other financial initiatives
- Coordinate preparing the annual and/or quarterly budget of IPHR Tbilisi with the senior management team.
- Identify, understand, and monitor financial risks and develop systems to mitigate them when necessary.
- Oversee the production, maintenance, and storage of financial records to ensure they meet all statutory requirements and comply with best practices.
- Ensure all financial systems are maintained to a high standard to minimise the possibility of fraud or misuse of assets.
- Review compliance with policies and procedures and take appropriate action where breaches have been established (including Georgian law)
- Develop and recommend changes to financial policies and procedures as required.
- Coordinate preparation of accounts, statements, and disclosures for annual audit.
- Enact relevant audit recommendations in association with Finance Director
- Preparing payments based on the relevant documentation and submit to the Tbilisi office coordinator for approval
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly reporting by IPHR’s Tbilisi office to IPHR’s headquarters in Brussels in the designated accounting software
- Ensure the accounting reporting to Georgian authorities
- Undertake any other tasks as instructed by the senior management team.
The Finance Officer will work closely with and report to IPHR’s Finance Director, Programme Manager (s) and Tbilisi office Co-Head (s) while providing support and guidance on financial matters to the whole programme team.
- A University degree in Commerce, Accounting or finance from a recognised university
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a similar role in an NGO/INGO or with a busy working environment
- Computer skills, especially in Ms Excel, spreadsheets, Ms Word and specialised accounting software tools
- Fluency in English and Russian languages
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Ability and willingness to work under high pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Supportive personnel management style
- A competitive salary range
- A stable and long-term position
- Flexibility in work hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Support for educational training within your professional field
- Contributions to a pension scheme
- Premium-class health insurance as part of our comprehensive benefits package.